Staff Occupational Therapist provides monitoring and assessment for:
- Complete home safety evaluations and adaptive equipment recommendations
- Personalized exercise program and ADL assistance
- Mobility assessment including functional ambulation and transfers
- The risk of falling increases with age.
- Use of a cane or walker increases fall risk.
- Two-thirds of those who experience a fall will fall again within six months.
- A decrease in bone density contributes to falls and resultant injuries.
- Failure to exercise regularly results in poor muscle tone, decreased strength, and loss of bone mass and flexibility.
- At least one-third of all falls in the elderly involve environmental hazards in the home.
- Begin a regular exercise program to:
- Increase stability
- Increase flexibility
- Increase endurance
- Increase awareness of uneven surfaces
- Safety proof your home. Remove those rugs!
- Have your health care provider review your medicines. Are side effects making you dizzy?
- Have your vision checked. How’s your depth perception?
- Have your walker, cane, or wheelchair inspected by a medical professional.
- Know your surroundings! Where are the curbs located? Are there slippery leaves and tree droppings outside?
Call our office for a free Home Safety Evaluation today!
Are you looking to become part of team of caring and compassionate caregivers and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults?