Staff Occupational Therapist provides monitoring and assessment for:
- Complete home safety evaluations and adaptive equipment recommendations
- Personalized exercise program and ADL assistance
- Mobility assessment including functional ambulation and transfers
- The risk of falling increases with age.
- Use of a cane or walker increases fall risk.
- Two-thirds of those who experience a fall will fall again within six months.
- A decrease in bone density contributes to falls and resultant injuries.
- Failure to exercise regularly results in poor muscle tone, decreased strength, and loss of bone mass and flexibility.
- At least one-third of all falls in the elderly involve environmental hazards in the home.
- Begin a regular exercise program to:
- Increase stability
- Increase flexibility
- Increase endurance
- Increase awareness of uneven surfaces
- Safety proof your home. Remove those rugs!
- Have your health care provider review your medicines. Are side effects making you dizzy?
- Have your vision checked. How’s your depth perception?
- Have your walker, cane, or wheelchair inspected by a medical professional.
- Know your surroundings! Where are the curbs located? Are there slippery leaves and tree droppings outside?
Call our office for a free Home Safety Evaluation today!
Learn more about our Home Safety Assessment
Are you looking to become part of team of caring and compassionate caregivers and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults?